Wednesday, May 9, 2012

market bags



I happily finished one of my craft projects in time for the sale.  Muslin market bags - ones to take to the farmers' market or any market and fill with produce.  Next time I will go for the bigger size; these are a little small.  But nice for a bunch of carrots or some onions or garlic, or a few apples.

And I am getting even better at printing on fabric; at last I am developing some better techniques.  It is helpful to minimize the number of stampings on each piece; 2 was just about right.  I still love carving using the rubber carving blocks.  You can't get the same detail as with linoleum, but it is better to keep it simple when printing on fabric anyway.  And the ease of carving - particularly on the onions, made it so fun to do.  Here's to the next project, likely those napkins in search of a stamp....

No comments:

Post a Comment