Wednesday, May 9, 2012

biking to school


We do a lot of biking in our family.  Bike paths and city streets; both seem to be a favorite for me and my kids.  One of the reasons we live where we do (and not in the hills with beautiful views nor in the country) is that we can walk or bike to most of our activities.  I love starting my day biking to school.  It is energizing and a great way to smell our urban version of nature.  Most days my kids agree, and my son now is old enough to do it by himself.  On cold days we dress warmly, but on days like today, we just enjoy the sun on our skin.

So happy Bike to School/Work Day!  It is a great way to get around.  If you don't have plans tonight and live in the East Bay, there is a great event going on down in Old Oakland.




No comments:

Post a Comment