Friday, April 27, 2012

sweeping


I have learned to enjoy sweeping from several friends.  Our friend Phuong used to live with us and help us with the kids and with some cleaning up now and then.  She would finish the evening by sweeping the kitchen floor mindfully - she does most things with grace.  Our good friend Craig is more of a rapid sweeper, but you can tell he really enjoys it - his way to create a little order.  And I have learned to enjoy sweeping - whether just before bed or early in the morning quiet before the pitter pat of little feet.  It can be a mindful practice, I now know, particularly when I use my beautiful beloved broom.  When someone walked off (?) with my dust pan several weeks ago, I quickly missed it, and hoped it would return.  But it didn't, or hasn't.  So I decided to use a little of my birthday money to buy myself (and my family) a new broom and dustpan - and it even came with a matching whisk broom.  I think my kids thought I was a little odd when I got excited about using it for the first time.  Perhaps they too will learn to enjoy sweeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment