Monday, April 2, 2012

riding that train

I love riding trains and watching the world go by.  It provides such an amazing view of the landscape and of urban life; you can make up stories, imagine, interpret, and just daydream.  Somehow the movement allows me to mindfully be aware of my thoughts and let them go.

It is a love I clearly share with my son.  He and I had a wonderful adventure this past weekend up to Old Sacramento and the train museum there -- one of those places we have always wanted to go.  It was a great mom and son trip, and so great to do it without an automobile.  While there we had the great joy of watching them move one of the engines out of the museum, around on the turntable, and back in again -- complete with loud whistle, dripping oil, flashing lights and a waving engineer.  And together we enjoyed the train trip back, watching the world go by, eating chocolate.







No comments:

Post a Comment