Tuesday, February 28, 2012

new life for an old chair





I wasn't particularly fond of these bentwood chairs my husband Tom bought for a pittance at a local yard sale.  But we needed some new chairs, and so they were put to use, brown naugahyde and all.  I grew more accustomed to them around our dining table, and decided it was time for their makeover.  I searched for and found a fabric that suited the chair, our house, and Tom (and me, of course).  I did the first ones, and later involved my son in the effort.  With fun tools such as vice grips, screwdriver, and staple gun, what's not to enjoy.  And I love these chairs now around the table.  I had to say no to my inner perfectionist who wanted to refinish the wood frames - they fit in well here with their bit of roughness......

No comments:

Post a Comment