Tuesday, November 13, 2012

snowy autumn


We visited our good friends' cabin in the mountains this past weekend.  When we planned it back in August, I was imagining an autumn visit to see the colorful leaves - somehow snow wasn't part of the picture.  But I do love a good snowstorm, and this one was just about perfect.  Enough to create a winter wonderland and provide for some good sledding (and making a snow cat), without it making travel too difficult.  We also had to hike in a little, which always add to the adventure.  Good food, good fun, good friends, and some good games all made for a wonderful trip away.  On the way home I soaked in more of that fall color, as well as a stop at one of my favorite apple orchards in Apple Hill; I just can resist those warm apple cider donuts and cider.  Along with a big box of apples for making into sauce (and pie and clafouti say my kids!).
















No comments:

Post a Comment