Tuesday, November 18, 2014

sanctuary

It became clear to me that I need a sanctuary - a place to go in my own home where I can feel safe and calm.  Things can get a bit crazy and chaotic and cluttered around these parts, and I wanted a place that was serene.  But where to find such a place in a home where bedrooms are playrooms, and rope ladders and art supplies and keyboards abound.  It just so happened (always the synchronicity) that my daughter chose to sleep in her own bedroom rather than in the nook off our bedroom THE night after I spoke to a friend about my need for a sanctuary, and about my thought that maybe that nook might just be the place.  We discussed the idea, though perhaps in a little too much haste, for the next day two friends (angels, really) arrived to help me clear my bedroom, AND to help create my sanctuary.  It was an amazing day, and a wonderful way to make space for myself.  I am so happy in my restful, calm, contemplative sanctuary.  Yesterday I spent time there listening to a guided meditation by Belleruth Naparstek (wonderful btw), and found myself in a new state of clarity and calm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment