Sunday, December 16, 2012

holiday crafting


We've had some sick kids in our house the past week or so, and that has caused us to slow down and rest a bit.  A good thing this time of year.  And for me, it has allowed my attention to be turned to sipping tea with my kids, and then to crafting.... and more crafting.....and then some more cooking.  A very nice kind of home busyness.



When my daughter got sick, she reminded me (again) about sewing her fleece bathrobe.  We had bought the fabric and pattern back in October, and I wasn't sure if the project was going to get done before Christmas.  But it was the perfect thing to do with her, and she wore it every step of the way (when I wasn't sewing) the week she was home sick.  Today I finally put on the finishing touches - hemming, and finishing the collar; not hard to make at all - even for me and my basic sewing skills and simple 100 year old machine.  It is already a very loved robe.

And then there were the date balls, snow flakes, sugar cookies, and candles........ My, we were busy.



No comments:

Post a Comment