Wednesday, November 21, 2012

stuffed weekend

While it wasn't yet Turkey day and we didn't stuff a squash, our past weekend was packed - mostly with goodness.  Somehow I hosted two birthday parties (and made a big Indian dinner for my dear husband's), went to a soccer party, packed Thanksgiving meals for those less fortunate, went to the Farmers' Market, and made chicken soup, beets, and applesauce (with lots of kid help, thank goodness)!  And then there was some clean up before, in between, and all around.  We survived; and even enjoyed ourselves most of the time.  But it did teach me a lesson in how I still have work to do in doing LESS.

I am so happy in retrospect that we made time for that applesauce, though.  And so grateful that my son was happy to help.  There is nothing like warm homemade applesauce to make you feel soothed inside.  It always makes me think happily of my grandfather, who swore eating applesauce every day was the secret to living to the ripe old age of 98.





No comments:

Post a Comment