Monday, September 24, 2012

chrome

Sometimes it is those shiny things that give us joy.  In my case this past weekend, it was scrubbing and scouring my bike (lots of elbow grease and some Barkeepers Friend powder) and shining up the rusty pitted chrome.  Even some of the most rusted parts that I thought had not a chance cleaned up quite nicely.  An hour later, my bike looked so happy and shiny and loved.


And then there was that pencil sharpener.  Our plug in electric one that we fixed and gave a second life gave up the ghost (guess sharpeners only have 2 lives).  I found that one that Tom had rescued from his old office, and had been looking for a home.  I love those old hand crank varieties.  Unfortunately this one took several tries (or weekends) to get firmly installed.  But there it is shiny and ready for all those pencils that having been waiting.........


No comments:

Post a Comment